I will be trying to keep all my blogs and videos simple, short and to the point… I don’t know about you guys but I find it a hassle reading through mountains of unnecessary words.
So let’s get to it!
Protecting yourself and your being is essential – regardless of whether you are a reader or not…
Here is a list of simple techniques xo
Mantras are spiritual words or phrases that are chanted in order to created positive spiritual or psychological effects.
Mantra have been known to remove negative effects including from our enemies attacking us.
The Om (pronounced AUM) Mantra
Here’s how you do it:
- Find a quiet, peaceful area – can be inside or out.
- Be sure to sit with good posture.
- Take 10 relaxing breaths before you start.
- Start to chant “Aum”, continue to do it…
- Feel the sound of the mantra reverberating into your body through your lips.
- Meditate on both the sound and the feeling off the mantra.
- Continue for as long as you like. Some people prefer to do it only 3 times, while others will do it for over 100 times. Or go by timing. The choice is yours – it’s whatever sits right with you.
2. White light protection (some people use light blue)
The white light protection technique is a visualisation that is used to remove negative energy and to create a psychic protection barrier that prevents negativity from entering your being or space/environment.
- Sit quietly and take 5-10 deep breaths to relax yourself.
- Visualise an egg-shaped white light that wraps around your whole body.
- Visualise the white light reflecting all negativity away from you. That means to suggest you picture yourself pushing the darkness away from you.
- Carry this protective white light with you all day. Refer to it as often as you like.
- You can also visualise white light protecting your loved ones, your pets, and your home.
I know some people who protect items of meaning to them as well including their vehicle.
3. Clearing your home of negative energy via the smudging technique
Smudging is a way to purify space. It is traditionally used prior to a ritual, such as a sacred ceremony or meditation or sometimes after to close but obviously also for the purpose of clearing away negative energy and has become very popular today.
When we perform smudging we also burn herbs and resins to cleanse a home or other special space.
It is important to use the correct herb for the corresponding purpose. The best herbs to smudging herbs for protection are the following. However for the purpose of the general population, I highly recommend just your standard white sage smudge stick.. you can get all fancy and add to it if you really want to or even make your own – keep an eye out for my tutorials on this topic…
Just a few smudging herbs for protection:
- Chamomile, Cloves, Dill, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Bay Leaves are just a few that can be used to cleanse space.
4. Sea Salt
Sea salt is one of the world’s best natural purifiers…
The ocean is one of the most beautiful things on Earth, and is the source of great insight and power – so it would make sense that this would be on the list!
Seal salt has historically been used to clean wounds and there is also the spiritual practice of burying objects in sea salt to clear away negative energy.
You can get sea salt at your local supermarket or health store if you really want to.
- Put some unrefined sea salt in both hands and focus on its energy. Use it’s power to absord any negative energies in and around you…
- You can also place a bowl of salt under your bed, near your front door and you can also sprinkle it at door ways and window seals – lots of options for use.
5. Meditating using crystals
Meditate the usual way but this time use crystals and gemstones for protection. For instance, you might like to wear a mala prayer beads made from obsidian (a great stone for protection).
When you meditate with a crystal we invite the energy of the crystal into our spirit.
I will be making a post to do with all the crystals and their uses so you will be able to search that for what you need to use etc.
Picture power being drawn from the crystal while you meditate.
6. Contact your spirit guide, guardian angel, god or spirit of a passed over loved one (this is not for the beginner – you can try but be very certain of who you are asking into your space etc)…
Your guardian angel/spirit guide/god (each of us believes in something different) is (if you are one of the lucky ones) sometimes assigned to you as a guide and protector to help you through hard times in your life and to work with you for spiritual development. But it takes a little to a lot effort to see and to contact your guardian angel – and not everyone will achieve this in your lifetime no matter how hard they try. Unfortunately not everyone has one of these however you can call on an angel or your god or whatever you believe on to help you… even a passed over loved one can be called upon to help you – it’s all about what connects and works with you personally.
- Sit quietly somewhere peaceful…
- Take 5-10 deep breaths to relax.
- Zone out from the world around you…
- Ask your spirit of choice to speak to you/step forward into your space.
- You may see or you may feel them. Either way, meditate on the positive energy that they bring to you. Feel that energy with you, protecting you.
- Express gratitude to them for being there in your life.
- You will need to close off with asking the energy to leave you in peace or stay if their sole purpose is for peace and protection.
7. Spiritual objects
Throughout the ages, humans have used specific spiritual objects for protection and to eliminate negative energy. From the Holy Cross to statues of Gargoyles, there are many different objects used for spiritual protection.
Choose from the following objects, and incorporate them into your home.
- Crystals and gemstones, Gargoyle statues, Crosses, Statues of Durga (Hindu goddess of protection and so forth… again some of this really comes down to what gels with you.
8. Using Mudra hand gestures
Mudras are hand gestures that create spiritual or psychological effects.
There are over a hundred major mudras in use today, many of which originate in Buddhism.
The Abhaya mudra is a mudra used to repel fear and to protect us from negative energy.
Here’s how to:
- Hold your hand at shoulder height with the palm facing outwards.
- It is usual for the opposite hand to be positioned in the gift-giving mudra (varada).
- It is up to you how long you do it for – there are some and no recommendations but start with a few mins if you can and go from there.
9. Uplifting music
What uplifts you or changes the vibrations of your home and energy for the better?
Don’t have anything on hand? YouTube it! There are a lot of vids online that you can play in the background that will cleanse in that way. Play for as long or as little as you like or feel necessary.
10. Spending time with nature
Hug a tree, swim in the sea, dig your feet into the sand, lay on the grass and take in that pure beautiful energy… it really is that simple… live, love and enjoy!