Jan 28 , 2021
I wanted to do a blog about how we can balance our Chakra’s but before you can do this, I feel it is important that you have a bit of an idea about what the Chakras actually are!
Let’s keep this brief and easy.
The word Chakra is a Sanksrit word meaning “wheel” or “circle” or “disc”, and it refers to the individual circular spinning wheels of energy located throughout the body.
The Chakra System is a complex network (not as simple as some would have you believe) of energy channels connecting these wheels and is mapped throughout the whole body – much like a spiritual nervous system. These Chakras are found running alongside the spine.
The Chakra System helps to explain the movement of this life force or “energy”, and can help us understand ourselves. Working with your Chakras and balancing them can help in many ways from curing ailments, to improving our emotional states, or even unblock limitations to financial success! Yes believe it or not, it is very true!
We work with the seven (7) main Chakras which run alongside the spine. They start at the perineum, and then run up in a straight line to the top of the head. The top most Chakra is in fact just outside of the body above the top of the head. Each Chakra is said to vibrate at a different frequency and is associated with a particular colour, very handy for Chakra meditations where you can visualise the colours. They are also each associated with certain emotions and organs and their function.
The Seven (7) Chakras
- Root Chakra (Muladhara) – Located at the base or root, the perineum, this chakra represents grounding, and survival needs like shelter and security, often a good one to focus on if you travel a lot and don’t always have a fixed home or sense of security. Associated with the colour red and the spinal column, the kidneys, legs and colon.
- Sacral Chakra (Svadisthana) – Located by the Sacrum, a large piece of bone at the base of the spine, but above the coccyx. This Chakra represents pleasure, emotional balance and sexuality. Associated with the colour orange and the reproductive organs, prostate and bladder.
- Navel Chakra (Manipura) – Located by the belly button, this Chakra represents our willpower and assertion, it is yellow in colour and associated with the pancreas, liver and stomach.
- Heart Chakra (Anahata) – Located centrally near the heart, this Chakra represents of course, love, unconditional love, acceptance, compassion and intuitiveness. The colour is green and the associated organs are the heart, the circulatory system, the arms and hands.
- Throat Chakra (Vishudha) – Located at the throat this Chakra is all about communication, creativity, truth and reliability. The colour is blue and the organs associated are the thyroid, hypothalamus, throat and mouth.
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) – Located in the center of the brain, at a cross section found between the eyes and just above the ears. This Chakra represents wisdom, imagination, intuition and an ability to analyse and perceive truth in the world. The colour is a deep purple and the associated organs are the pituitary gland, the nose, the ears and the pineal gland.
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) – The only Chakra to be found outside of the physical body, this is located just above the crown of the head in what is considered our “spiritual body”. There are less words about this Chakra as it is the Chakra associated with higher consciousness, pure unconditional live and a state of pure being. There are no physical organs associated, but it is associated with vitalising the upper brain, and the colour is a light purple or indigo, or white.
Next time, we will cover how some of the messages of the Chakras…